Published December 2021
Here, at Interpre-X ("we", "us", "our", or the “App”), a UK incorporated company, we take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions or concerns about our notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly when you use the App, create an account, or submit information through the contact form for a specific request or other purposes.
How is the information used?
The information is stored securely and appropriate actions will be taken accordingly. This may include using the information to communicate with you by email or otherwise (e.g., responding to your customer service requests, enable registration (if applicable), etc.).
The information is not shared with any third party and will not be shared with any third party unless it is in compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent (e.g., when you enter your name in the conversation mode before joining a conversation).
Do we make updates to this policy?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may email us via the contact form.
Terms and Conditions
- The App provides real-time, simultaneous speech translation (the “Service”) between English and Mandarin.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to create an account with us. If you are under the age of 16 and from the European Union, you can only create an account once you have received verifiable parental consent.
- Information required when creating an account must be complete and accurate. You have the right to deactivate your account at any time. If you created a password with us, you ought to keep your password confidential at all times. If we determine in our sole discretion that you are not using the App in the way it was intended, we have a right to deactivate your account at any time.
- The content and Service provided by the App are the property of the App or used under licence from third party copyright owners and protected by copyright and/or any other intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise provided, the content and Service provided by the App may only be reproduced, transmitted, rebroadcasted, published or distributed in unmodified form for personal, non-commercial use or with our express written consent.
- While we endeavour to ensure that all content posted are credible, based on facts and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be certain occasions where material may infringe on the copyright of another third party. If you believe, in good faith, that our content infringes your copyright, you may send a notice to us requesting that such material be removed or access to such material be blocked.
- All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to us via our contact form. The notice must include:
- Your name and who you represent (if applicable), email address and telephone number.
- Sufficient detail identifying the work you claim to be infringing copyrighted work to allow us to locate the material.
- Sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed.
- To prevent your risk perjury, statement that the information in the notice is accurate and that you are the owner or are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Signature of the owner or a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the alleged copyright material.
- You may use the App on a non-exclusive basis. With the exception of audio files that you have full proprietary ownership of, you agree that you will observe the code of conduct set out in paragraph 7 of these terms and conditions and that you will not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
- Use any photographs, graphics, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text.
- Alter, decompile, edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
- We grant you a licence to use any software applications included in the website and for the purposes made available on the website only. You must not translate, adapt, alter, modify, distribute, decompile or reverse engineer that software for any purpose, create any derivative works based upon it, permit it to be combined with any other software, provide access to it or use it to provide services to third parties except to the extent that we are required to permit this by applicable law. You may not use the software other than as specified in these terms without our prior written consent. Your use of any services, software, information and materials available on the website may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which we will notify you at the time of downloading or access if applicable. Your download or use of such services, information and materials will indicate your acceptance of those additional terms. If you do not agree with these additional terms and conditions, please do not use the Service.
If you purchase the Service, you agree to the terms under this paragraph 4 of our terms and conditions:
- If there is a fee associated with a portion of the Service, you agree to pay that fee. The price stated for the Service includes all applicable taxes, unless stated otherwise. You are solely responsible for paying such taxes or other charges. We may suspend or cancel the Services if you do not make the full payment within the relevant time. Suspension or cancellation of the Services for non-payment could result in a loss of access to and use of your account and its content (if applicable). Depending on your location, some transactions might require foreign currency conversion or be processed in another country. Your bank might charge you additional fees for those services when you use a debit or credit card. Please contact your bank for details.
- To pay the fees for the Service, you will be asked to provide a payment method at the time you sign up for the Service. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and payment method details, so we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed in connection with your transactions. If you tell us to stop using your payment method and don't provide us with another payment method after our notice to you to do so within an appropriate timeframe, we may suspend or cancel your paid Service for good cause. Changes made to your billing account won't affect charges we submit to your billing account before we could reasonably act on your changes to your billing account.
- By providing us with a payment method, you (i) represent that you are authorised to use the payment method you provided and that any payment information you provide is true and accurate; (ii) authorise us to charge you for the Service using your payment method; and (iii) authorise us to charge you for any paid feature of the Service you choose to sign up for or use while these terms are in force. As specified, we may bill you (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase or (d) on a recurring basis for subscription Services. Also, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved, and we will notify you in advance of any change in the amount to be charged for recurring subscription services (if applicable) and, in the case of a price change, provide you with the opportunity to cancel the Service before the price changes. We may bill you at the same time for more than one of your prior billing periods for amounts that haven't previously been processed.
- In case of late payments, you must pay for the reasonable costs we incur to collect any past due amounts including lawyers' fees and other legal fees and costs, as permitted by law and regulations. We may suspend or cancel your Service if you fail to pay in full on time after we send you a reminder – with the threat of suspension and/or cancellation of the Service – to make your payment within an appropriate time. You can avoid suspension or cancellation if you make the required payment within the appropriate time set forth in the reminder. A different procedure will apply if the amount missing is marginal. Amounts missing below 2 per cent of the total invoice value will always be deemed marginal. Suspension or cancellation of the Service for non-payment could result in the loss of access to your account.
- The Service may be unavailable from time to time, may be offered for a limited time, or may vary depending on your region or device. In certain circumstances, you may need to re-acquire the material or applications that were available to you and paid for in your previous region.
- We strive to keep the Service up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages. We are not liable for any disruption or loss you may suffer as a result. In the event of an outage, you may incur some information loss. In general, we recommend that you regularly backup your content and information.
- We may update our terms and conditions from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to the terms and conditions, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you must stop using the Service, close your account (if applicable) and, if you are a parent or guardian, help your minor child to close his or her account (if applicable).
- Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Service. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Service. Such updates are subject to these Terms unless other terms accompany the updates, in which case, those other terms apply. We do not guarantee that we will support the version of the system or device for which you purchased or licensed the software, apps, content or other products.
- There may be times when we need to remove or change features or functionality of the Service or stop providing the Service or access to the Service altogether. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any material, digital goods, or applications previously purchased. We may also release the Service or their features in a preview or beta version, which may not work correctly or in the same way the final version may work.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you’re agreeing that, when using the Services, you will follow these rules:
- Don’t do anything illegal.
- Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
- Don’t send spam or engage in phishing. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), instant messages, or similar electronic communications. Phishing is sending emails or other electronic communications to fraudulently or unlawfully induce recipients to reveal personal or sensitive information, such as passwords, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, credit card information, financial information, or other sensitive information, or to gain access to accounts or records, exfiltration of documents or other sensitive information, payment and/or financial benefit.
- Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments).
- Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
- Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist or violent extremist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
- Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material, resale or other distribution of Bing maps, or photographs).
- Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy of others
- If you violate these terms, we may stop providing Services to you or we may close your account. We may also block delivery of a communication (like email, file sharing or instant message) to or from the Service in an effort to enforce these terms. When investigating alleged violations of these terms, we reserve the right to review any available content or information from your account in order to resolve the issue. However, we cannot monitor the entire Service and make no attempt to do so.
We do not offer any warranty of any kind or represent that our contents are accurate, complete or error-free. We are not liable for the usage of, impact from, implementation of or communication of our contents.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release and waive any and all claims and/or liability against us in connection with your usage of our website(s) or any purchase of any of our content or any subscription to us (if applicable). You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the App, its officers, directors, employees and third party licensors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities (including but not limited to lawyer’s fees) arising from: (i) your access to and use of our website(s); (ii) your violation of any terms and conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including but not limited to, any copyright, property or privacy right.
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall we, our officers, directors, employees, partners or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result from the access of, use or inability to use our content and Service, including but not limited to use of or reliance on information, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communication, or any other failure of performance.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between users and the App, governed by the laws and jurisdictions of England and Wales without regard to conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any headings or summaries provided on this page are used for reference purposes only and do not have any legal effect. By accessing our website(s) and content, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.